2020-21 Non-conference schedule

Lets talk some Hoops!
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: 2020-21 Non-conference schedule

Post by ccsuhoops »

Less than a month to go, anyone hear anything from anybody??? Still no schedule, assuming it’s being rescheduled. Still no update from the NEC, assuming they are too busy being political, has anyone seen the twitter feed? My word, are we even a sports conference anymore? #pleasekeeppoliticsoutofeverything
Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct »

This isn’t just the NEC Hoops. I checked a few other similar conferences and they have precious little info on any of their sports.

I know that CCSU is hoping for a BB season but I think every school in the country is taking this one day at a time...even the big boys.

I live now in Tampa Bay and the powers that be are still hoping for a full blown Super Bowl but I have serious doubts.

In the mean time...we have the Bolts and the Rays.

Speaking of sports here, USF has the same problem CCSU has on a different level. No one cares about the Bulls but I do see a lot of UF and FSU bumper stickers.

And by the way...I like your hashtag.
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

CCSU vs. Maine on Friday, 11/27 at Mohegan Sun "Bubbleville".

It'll be broadcast on Flo Hoops. It only costs $30/month. No Free Trials offered.

Looks like I'm not watching that one. Would I pay $10 to watch? Sure. $30?! Not unless there are 2 or 3 more non-conference games on that thing site.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

CCSU4-3 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:37 am CCSU vs. Maine on Friday, 11/27 at Mohegan Sun "Bubbleville".

It'll be broadcast on Flo Hoops. It only costs $30/month. No Free Trials offered.

Looks like I'm not watching that one. Would I pay $10 to watch? Sure. $30?! Not unless there are 2 or 3 more non-conference games on that thing site.
Ridiculous. Here comes the we’re losing money on covid so everything will cost triple. Friggen game in CT and we can’t watch for a reasonable amount or attend 😡 🤦🏻‍♂️
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

I'm sure this isn't on CCSU- I believe Flo Sports signed a deal with MoSun for all the mid-major games.

But it is super frustrating.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

CCSU4-3 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:27 pm I'm sure this isn't on CCSU- I believe Flo Sports signed a deal with MoSun for all the mid-major games.

But it is super frustrating.
Totally agree, not aggravated with CCSU
GameDay
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by GameDay »

From what I just read about Bubbleville there could be 30 teams there. That is only $1 per team. I spent a lot of money last year to watch CCSU lose. $30 to watch CCSU WIN and to see 29 other team sounds like a good deal to me.
RonnyRob15
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by RonnyRob15 »

The Fox press release for the schedule this week has the UConn Central game included for Wednesday.

Is this enigma wrapped in a riddle wrapped in a puzzle game going to get played? It would seem UConn would want games before jumping in with Vandy on 12/1.
RonnyRob15
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by RonnyRob15 »

Based on Zags’ twitter game on. CCSU at Gampel Wed on FS1 at 8 I think.

Gallagher confirmed the UConn game with UHart Friday on his twitter.
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

I think UConn's recent COVID case, made this a wait and see game.

All indications is this game will be played. I'm excited for the matchup, but fear they will run us out of the gym.
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

Since there will be no fans (and no revenue), why doesn't UCONN just get on a bus and drive to New Britain? Hurley knows where the gym is, as he coached games here before. Let the Huskies play in our facility without all the luxuries of Gample and Stores.

Central can waive all its media right to UConn for this game and allow them to broadcast on FS1, but play the game at Derrick and let CCSU wear the white jerseys!
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

Never happen JJ, they wound stoop so low.

So what are we all thinking? 11 man roster be the beast, 60? 70? 80?

If we aren’t getting paid there is literally zero upside to this game.
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

Maine is leaving Mohegan due to a positive test. So CCSU-Maine is off.
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

CCSU4-3 wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:42 am Maine is leaving Mohegan due to a positive test. So CCSU-Maine is off.
Every team is going to be lucky to play much of a schedule this year.

The wording in CCSU's release tells you all you need to know: "Additional non-conference games and any schedule changes will be announced as they become available."

The non-conference schedule for every NCAA team should be considered "TBA" Rumor has it that Central had 5 non-conference games lined up, but as we can see this can change without much warning.
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

I've heard that they working on scheduling at least another game at Mohegan. When and who are the obvious questions.