I know things are bad

Lets talk some Hoops!
The Unknown Fan
CCSU Fans Regular
CCSU Fans Regular

Re: I know things are bad

Post by The Unknown Fan »

I was thinking they should pay us to watch them play.
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

I put together a bunch of thoughts on CCSU yesterday, including breaking down Ian Krishnan's development, and how they beat Wagner. I figured I'd share it here in case anyone is interested.

https://www.thebluedevilsden.com/single ... U-They-Won
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

CCSU4-3 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:18 am I put together a bunch of thoughts on CCSU yesterday, including breaking down Ian Krishnan's development, and how they beat Wagner. I figured I'd share it here in case anyone is interested.

https://www.thebluedevilsden.com/single ... U-They-Won
Read it last night. Great stuff.

Really appreciate that you haven’t “packed it in” either and were able to post some real insight on the team this season.

I hate to admit, but I’ve struggled to stay engaged this season. It been tough, but we have some some great fans here and maintain a core of die-hard supporters here.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

6 more games.....THANK GOD!
RonnyRob15
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by RonnyRob15 »

Will New Haven in the NEC eating Central’s lunch wake anyone up in NB?
The Unknown Fan
CCSU Fans Regular
CCSU Fans Regular

Post by The Unknown Fan »

Will Merrimac eating EVERYONE'S lunch, wake anyone up in the NEC headquarters ?
Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct »

I know things are bad when I’m watching Jeopardy totally forgetting there is a game tonight,
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

I’d love to be a fly on the wall of his locker room at half time. WTH does he tell them to take them from an NEC contender looking team in the first half, shooting 68 percent to a team that looks like 353 in the second to finish shooting 39.2 percent overall. That’s where we lost the game, all other stats are comparable. Does he NOT read 4-3’s column on the stupid a$$ mid range jumper?! They killed us tonight and all season. DM must not know the definition of insanity...#4moregamesthankgod
GameDay
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by GameDay »

Game was over in the first few minutes of the second half. I just don,t get it.
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

ccsuhoops wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:25 pm I’d love to be a fly on the wall of his locker room at half time. WTH does he tell them to take them from an NEC contender looking team in the first half, shooting 68 percent to a team that looks like 353 in the second to finish shooting 39.2 percent overall. That’s where we lost the game, all other stats are comparable. Does he NOT read 4-3’s column on the stupid a$$ mid range jumper?! They killed us tonight and all season. DM must not know the definition of insanity...#4moregamesthankgod
They made 13 of 25 from three and only had 11 turnovers, yet they didn't manage to score 1.00 points per possession. Why?

They made only 16 of 49 from two and have attempted 7 free throws in their last 2 games. Last night they were 5 of 23 from the mid-range.

They are 352nd in the country with a 40.5% 2P%.

Either the coaching staff is ok with the shot selection or the players are ignoring them. I'm not sure which is worse.

Tyler Rowe (who is in love with 18-footers off the dribble unlike anyone I've ever seen) takes the highest rate of long-2s in the NEC (64% of his shots), but at least he makes 28% of them. Wallace, Coleman, and Newkirk are all in the "top" 9, while Wilson is 14th (though he's been a lot better in that department lately).
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

How bad are things? Here’s how bad, Myles Baker ACTUALLY taunts their bench after making a 3. You know the same Myles Baker whose current division one basketball team has ONE WIN!😡😡😡. And that’s not the bad part, he proceeds to lose the ball for a turnover not once but TWICE! Come on man!
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

Of course he turns that into a MONSTER game!
GameDay
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by GameDay »

Great job.
hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper »

Nice win! I liked the way they played with a "this is our game to win!" attitude at crunch time. There was some good defense in the final minutes.

The three point shooting is developing nicely, that despite that Bryant did an excellent job of containing Krishnan for most of the game. Baker, Reed, and Tennyson are all excellent from beyond the arc.
They need to take less mid range jumpers and more threes.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

Why is the NEC straying away from Thursday/ Saturday? I get Presidents’ Day Tuesday but what’s with the Friday Sunday games?