@ Penn State

Lets talk some Hoops!
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

@ Penn State

Post by ccsuhoops »

#23 in the country. 0-11. My God is this going to be an embarrassment. Thinking 50? 60? At least it’s a paycheck.
BlueDevilsRule
CCSU Fans Rookie
CCSU Fans Rookie

Re: @ Penn State

Post by BlueDevilsRule »

I think CCSU men’s basketball should review tapes of Uconn’s women’s basketball for lessons on ball movement. Ball rarely touches the court for UConn and Central over dribbles every possession on offense. Their is some talent on this team and should get some wins in conference.
BigBlue92
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: @ Penn State

Post by BigBlue92 »

BlueDevilsRule wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:26 pm I think CCSU men’s basketball should review tapes of Uconn’s women’s basketball for lessons on ball movement. Ball rarely touches the court for UConn and Central over dribbles every possession on offense. Their is some talent on this team and should get some wins in conference.
Using a women’s team as our model or barometer isn’t necessary. Our offense is improving. Clearly our kids have a much better understanding of the manner in which college basketball is played these days. That was our 6th best game as far as PPP—still way too low (79.6) but we were facing the #23 team in the country. Knocked down 7-19 from 3FG—which was great to see.
As for ball movement...we were facing a m2m last night for almost the entire game. Against a zone—yeah, quick ball movement is essential. Against a man though...dribble-handoff, dribble-drive, drive and kick, drive and dish. MOST of what you get is gonna be off the bounce. But having said that, you’re right that JUST dribbling—without going anywhere—makes me nuts too!
I know it’s tough, but let’s hang in there. These guys are learning and going in the right direction.