Donyell Marshall manages to stay positive

Lets talk some Hoops!
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Donyell Marshall manages to stay positive

Post by J.J. »

The staff is positive, only the fans are frustrated. :roll: Isn't this a "do over" because we didn't have the right guys the first time?

https://www.readingeagle.com/sports/don ... 190d2.html
“I know what it is,” the 46-year-old Marshall said. “I know it’s a rebuilding year. You keep this core together and add one or two players. … I think this team is built for the future. With that being said, I still think we have a chance to be good and turn this thing around.”
“We figured we were going to make that jump last year,” Marshall said, “but we had so much turmoil with the team. Guys didn’t like each other. You had guys with agendas and it never meshed. We took a hit for it.

“Some guys didn’t want to work, so we had to change the culture. The problem is people look at it as Year 4 and we shouldn’t be rebuilding again. Honestly, it’s the fans and others who are more frustrated than we are as a staff because we see the plan. We see the future.”
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Donyell Marshall manages to stay positive

Post by CCSU4-3 »

I mean, that's what he has to say, right? I do think the future could be bright for this group, there are a bunch of talented kids who appear to be working hard. And they are slowly improving.

But I firmly believe there is a limit on how good they can become given some of the offensive and defensive strategies currently in place.

I wrote this yesterday and I think it's pretty informative.
https://www.thebluedevilsden.com/single ... nce-Season
BigBlue92
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by BigBlue92 »

4-3, Amazingly thorough, well-written, and spot-on analysis. Thank you!!!
hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper »

From my amateur point of view, there are two elements missing from this team.
1. Consistency with three point shooting. There is nobody that can reliably (35 - 40%) knock down an open three.
2, They need a big man to clog the middle, get rebounds, and provide a low post threat...a replacement for Bute and to a lesser extent, Hugely.

The loss of Krishnan really hurt as he would have filled a big part of #1 and Wallace would have helped in #2.
Even with these two getting starter level minutes it still would have been a "rebuilding" year.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

That article aggravated me. Don’t get me wrong, I get it , we’re rebuilding, we’re young, we’re losing but come on, no $h!t the fans are frustrated. You screwed up your first four years here! We should be looking at winning the NEC in year four instead your having ice cream and not worrying about. Ok. Wonder what he says when his kids start defecting cause losing sucks.

Any news on Krishnan? Will he be on the floor Sunday? Did he fail out?

Man this program is just a dumpster fire. I pray he’s right and they add a big man and continue to improve but I have a feeling he’s gonna lose players, suck again next year and leave Tom no choice...
Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct »

I hesitated posting anything Hoops but you read my mind.

This hasn’t been a rebuilding year, it’s been a rebuilding DECADE!