CCSU vs Conn College

Lets talk some Hoops!
hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

CCSU vs Conn College

Post by hilltopper »

Well they did what they were supposed to do.
A few game notes:
-The 1st half was close and looked like it was going to be a game.
-I like the pressing defense, I wonder if this is going to be the new style or was it just for this game?
-Welcome back Ian Krishnan! 23 points
-Welcome back Wallace
-How do you win by 34 points and still get outrebounded?
-Why doesn't Tyler Rowe get more playing time? He looked really good, and he can shoot threes
GameDay
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Re: CCSU vs Conn College

Post by GameDay »

Loved Tyler's play today also seemed to be an all around good player. Don,t know if I have ever seen him with his warm up jacket off before. I found it hard to assess the game today between with the new and ever changing line up and the D3 opponent. How has Robert Morris been so far this year? Can we make it a game?
hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper »

How has Robert Morris been so far this year? Can we make it a game?
Probably not.
RMU has a 4-9 record, with 3 D1 wins: Howard, Florida Gulf Coast, and Central Michigan
The only blow out loss was to Notre Dame. Otherwise they were reasonably competitive, losing by 14 to Pitt and 4 to Marquette
https://rmucolonials.com/sports/mens-ba ... le/2019-20

No common opponents, but i would expect an easy game for RMU, and I would be very much surprised if the margin of victory was below 15.
So I would expect that a single digit loss would be "moral victory" and in line with the perpetual "rebuilding" program.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

ESPN power rankings has us at a 22.3% chance of winning
wurzshep19
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by wurzshep19 »

In the words of Lloyd Christmas “so you’re telling me there’s a chance”
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

E2275A08-62C2-47DF-9E10-0A5AC97EE827.jpeg
RonnyRob15
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by RonnyRob15 »

Spoiler Alert

They didnt win and didnt really threaten to win.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

Yep, ugly. Out shot us, out rebounded us, moved the ball way better than us. We play hard, especially defense but they burned us almost every time we tried a double team. It resulted in a bunch of easy layups or open threes so of course DM continuesd doing it, cause you know we got that one back court and it was really cool. Lastly, man do we take bad shots. Really bad. Jacking mid range jumpers with nobody under the basket and 15 seconds on the shot clock. Maddening. Saturday going to be way worse. 0-14 my God.
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

Another lost season for basketball. :(

When do pitchers and catchers report?

Looking forward to CCSU baseball's first game on Feb 21 at Bethune-Cookman

http://ccsubluedevils.com/sports/bsb/2019-20/schedule
hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper »

These are dark days.
The likelihood is that the 2019 football team is going to win more games than MBB and WBB combined.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

I can see us getting a few NEC wins honestly. Although still bad, they look better at game 13 than they did at game 1. Nobody counts the d3 game so I ignore it. Yesterday was probably the number two team at the end and tomorrow is number 1. After that, they should be able to pick off some teams. I just really hope Tom isn't buying all the rebuild garbage. I'm sorry but DM has had 4 years and we are rebuilding in the 4th? Unacceptable. I mean seriously, if he goes winless he has to leave immediately following the last loss.
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

ccsuhoops wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:13 pm I can see us getting a few NEC wins honestly. Although still bad, they look better at game 13 than they did at game 1. Nobody counts the d3 game so I ignore it. Yesterday was probably the number two team at the end and tomorrow is number 1. After that, they should be able to pick off some teams. I just really hope Tom isn't buying all the rebuild garbage. I'm sorry but DM has had 4 years and we are rebuilding in the 4th? Unacceptable. I mean seriously, if he goes winless he has to leave immediately following the last loss.
I agree they look a bit better, but Robert Morris isn't close to the #2 team in the league. They are closer to #8 than #2 and 9-9 would probably be a successful season for them (Kenpom projects 9-9).
GameDay
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by GameDay »

Talking about # 2 in NEC just watched the Sacred Hart team lose to Merrimack. Merrimack is the real deal. This is a team made up with so called Division 2 players.
GameDay
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by GameDay »

Any one know why Ian had not played until the last two games. Also what is the store of Tyler where is he from and why did he sit on bench all of last year and the first half of this year?
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

GameDay wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:19 pm Any one know why Ian had not played until the last two games. Also what is the store of Tyler where is he from and why did he sit on bench all of last year and the first half of this year?
Academics kept him out of the fall semester

Walk on from East Hartford