@SFU

Lets talk some Hoops!
newbritainite
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: @SFU

Post by newbritainite »

”new coach comes in and wins 10 games there will be a ticker tape parade down Stanley Street.“

Lol!

My gut feeling is that he will just resign at the end of the season.
CCSU Class of 2004
Football NEC Champions: 2004 * 2005 * 2009 * 2010 * 2017 * 2019
Men's Basketball NEC Champions: 2000 * 2002 * 2007
The only Men's Basketball team in Connecticut to make the 2006-2007 NCAA Tournament - CCSU Blue Devils!
RonnyRob15
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by RonnyRob15 »

Maybe if a player hits another player in the face with a chair the school will take action
GameDay
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by GameDay »

Does DM still want to coach college basketball? If so and he steps down who would hire him? I think for his coaching career he needs to stay and prove that this was a rebuilding year. If things turn around for Central he is in a better position with or with out Central. If it does not turn around I don't think he has lost much in the pursuit of another coaching job verse where he would stand at the end of this year.
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

Not at all. DM would easily get a job in basketball next year. He was a very good assistant by all accounts. He had a great reputation at GWU and Buffalo. I have no doubt he'd get an offer to be an assistant at a DI school if he really wanted. Many head coaches go back to being assistants.

I said this when he was hired - he was too inexperienced to be a D-I head coach. He'd actually only been coaching a total of 5 years.

This happens all the time. Coaches aren't always successful as a head coach. Bill Bellicheck was a disaster for the Cleveland Browns. DM will get another job and maybe even be a head coach again. He just wasn't ready for the CCSU job at the time and our hiring process was broken.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

Probably still is broken. Do we think it was all that Bachoo guy?
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

J.J. wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:26 am The transfer exodus won't be any worse than what happened after last season.
Do you know something that we don't know regarding potential/possible/probable transfers?
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

CCSU4-3 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:44 am
J.J. wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:26 am The transfer exodus won't be any worse than what happened after last season.
Do you know something that we don't know regarding potential/possible/probable transfers?
Absolutely not - I know nothing. And I won't speculate on individuals on the roster.

My larger point was look at how many kids left/transferred out after last season (Baptiste, Hugley, Williams, Hicks, Kay, Underwood, and Ellis). We've experienced a massive turnover and had to rebuild for this season. It hasn't gone well. Does anyone really think that the program will be any worse than what we've had to deal with already?

We have no where to go but up. If that includes this entire roster next year, great! If not, so be it. We need to "rebuild" anyway and I think that starts with the coach, not necessary the players. But if anyone were to leave/transfer out because of a coaching change, that is a risk I'm willing to take.
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

Makes sense.

Outside of Krishnan, I'd be surprised to see any rotation players leave. But you never know.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

Agreed, where they gonna go? Unless it’s down. There is talent on the team, they are the youngest or close to in the country , however, I change my tune on this weekly but budget rules every roost. They aren’t going to give Tom $149k to make a change. But if I were him, I’d be booking two big pay days for next year to at least bring some negotiation to the table because he has to go, it’s the NEC and he has one win. 🤦🏻‍♂️😡
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

FYI - On the scheduling front for next season - rumor has it we will play at UConn. The game will likely be at the Civic Center in Hartford sometime in December (just like the last 7 matchups between vs the Huskies since the 1991-92 season). However, dates and locations won’t be known until the fall.

That game should be worth at least $50k.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

A k per point loss... ugh....