Next Season

Lets talk some Hoops!
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Next Season

Post by CCSU4-3 »

ccsuhoops wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:01 pm First off, I feel the NEC missed the mark. They could have and should have done an NEC only schedule. It could have been done safely with fans. Alas, they chose to cancel. Seeing as basketball is actually indoors, during flu season, I can't see how they don't hide from that as well. My guess at this point is college ball on our level will be cancelled until a vaccine is made available. See you all in September 2021... I hope... :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
I don't really think the NEC had a choice- once other leagues in the Northeast canceled fall sports, they had to follow suit.

As for hoops- I 100% agree. I think best case scenario is they are able to play their conference schedule early in 2021 (January? or even a reduced schedule beginning later than that?). I think there's close to a zero chance they are playing in November or December.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

So from everything I’ve read it’s not a matter of if cbb will be played it’s how. Here’s a good one to ponder, so a vaccine is supposed to be ready by fall, per one of the major news sites, forget which, reading the comments it’s clear that the overwhelming majority will NOT take it. Now what???
GameDay
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by GameDay »

The NCAA announced that the 2020-21 Division I men's college basketball season will begin on Wednesday, Nov. 25.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

GameDay wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:05 pm The NCAA announced that the 2020-21 Division I men's college basketball season will begin on Wednesday, Nov. 25.
Assuming no fans???
GameDay
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by GameDay »

No word on fans that I can find. That probably will be determined by each conference. Other info released this week was,

Teams can begin practicing on Wednesday, Oct. 14

No exhibitions or scrimmages will be played

The maximum number of contests was reduced by four

The Council recommended a minimum of four non-conference games

Teams may play no more than 27 regular-season games