Next Season

Lets talk some Hoops!
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Next Season

Post by CCSU4-3 »

There's no mass exodus coming. Tennyson could have been an impact player in the future, but he was stuck behind Krishnan, Outlaw, Reed, Baker, Scantlebury, and now Mitchell for 2020-21. He didn't want to stick it out and fight.

It's a shame, but it is what it is.

It be surprised if there's another transfer.

Another big and potentially a shooter should be on the docket. Preferably grad transfer, but probably JUCO.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

Mass exodus at Sacred Heart?

Latina to CCSU? lol, not sure I'd be on board with that one..
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

It sucks for Latina, but I think the reason this is happening has less to do with anything he's done wrong and more because he's probably the best recruiter in the league and when you bring in that kind of talent and develop it, those kids end up having options.

Sacred Heart would be silly to let him go at this point. He's shown he can bring in players. At some point it'll come together.
hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper »

Either way its brutal. If my counting is correct, SHU has only 4 scholarship returning players; nine spots to fill. Latina is going to have to recruit some transfers, probably JC's.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

Didn't want to open up a thread but check out Tom's new video on Youtube, he has Obie, Triston, Javi and Bruce. It's awesome, lots of insight into that team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnhMCxk-e68
GameDay
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by GameDay »

Ok I know there has to be opinions on our new players. Love to here was you are all thinking.

Last year we wanted the wall down this year I hope was can see the first game in person and not logging in on a computer to see the game virtually.
BigBlue92
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by BigBlue92 »

New signee
Attachments
9725D812-AC65-4C18-A00D-5791C68092FC.jpeg
BigBlue92
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by BigBlue92 »

Grad transfer from Fairfield...Wessef Methnani 6’8” F from Tunisia
Last edited by BigBlue92 on Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

BigBlue92 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:40 amNew signee
Those numbers represent his first JUCO season. This past season he averaged 20 per game.
BigBlue92
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by BigBlue92 »

CCSU4-3 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:46 am
Those numbers represent his first JUCO season. This past season he averaged 20 per game.
Ok good to know! Things are looking up!!!
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

GameDay wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:29 pm Ok I know there has to be opinions on our new players. Love to here was you are all thinking.

Last year we wanted the wall down this year I hope was can see the first game in person and not logging in on a computer to see the game virtually.
This country will revolt if we are kept down 8 more months. Not to mention crumble. I have a feeling this crap will be gone by summer. I don't want to even think about missing football let alone basketball. Going to check out the new guys now..
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

BigBlue92 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:45 am Grad transfer from Fairfield...Wessef Methnani 6’8” F from Tunisia
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... f-methnani
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

I did hear about this kid..

https://www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2018- ... tchell4qkq
Shoreline
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Shoreline »

From Chip Malafronte's column in today's NH Register:

"QUINNIPIAC, SACRED HEART MEN’S BASKETBALL TEAMS GET COMMITMENTS:

The Quinnipiac men’s basketball team received commitments from guard Bol Akot and forward Elias King, both of whom will be immediately eligible for the Bobcats.

Akot, from Manchester, New Hampshire, was considered one of the top point guards in New England while playing for Proctor Academy. He scored 1,223 career points, averaging 19.2 points, 5.2 rebounds and 5.2 assists as a senior last winter.

“Bol is an athletic, playmaking guard that will fit in well here at Quinnipiac,” Quinnipiac coach Baker Dunleavy said. “He is accustomed to playing at a high pace, and has been surrounded by outstanding coaches along the way both at Proctor Academy and with the (AAU) DC Blue Devils. His contributions will help make us better on and off the floor.”

King, from Sacramento, California, is a 6-foot-9 forward who spent last year at Santa Monica junior college. He averaged 14.9 points and 6.3 rebounds per game last season, making the JUCO California all-state team.

“Elias is a talented and versatile forward that will grow as a player while making those around him better,” Dunleavy said. “He had great success last year at Santa Monica College, and his contributions will help our program improve on a daily basis.”

SACRED HEART ADDS TRIO
The Sacred Heart men’s basketball team added three players to its incoming recruiting class for the coming season, coach Anthony Latina announced on Friday.
Cantavio Dutreil, a native of Haiti who played at Trinity Catholic, attended North Alabama as a freshman before transferring to Harcum College in Pennsylvania. The 6-foot-7 forward averaged 8.7 points, 8.8 rebounds and 2.1 blocks for Harcum last season.

At Trinity Catholic, Dutreil scored over 1,000 points, won a state championship and was twice named all-state.

“Cantavio is a tremendous athlete that plays with great energy and a high motor,” Latina said. “His skill set has steadily improved since high school and we believe he will have an immediate impact on our program. It is great to have Cantavio back in Fairfield County.”

Quest Harris is a point guard who averaged 12.6 points, 5.5 assists and 2.1 steals at Worcester Academy. Mike Sixsmith, a guard from Plainview, New York, scored over 1,400 points with 600 rebounds, 300 assists and 200 steals, helping Holy Trinity to the Long Island championship game last winter."
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

Hey guys...I just published a post going in depth on Central's two most recent signings Tre Mitchell and Wassef Methnani (I covered Scantlebury back in March). I also talked potential depth charts, as well as some data to suggest that things could be looking up given the level of continuity (how much they bring back from last year) and experience (a wealth of guys who have played significant collegiate minutes).

https://bit.ly/2KqDldP

Also, I've been updating my NEC Tracker here: https://www.thebluedevilsden.com/single ... on-Tracker if you are looking to get an idea as to who's coming back, who has transferred, and the newcomers.

Lastly, if you didn't watch Tom Pincince's Zoom interview with Javy Mojica, Obie Nwadike, Tristan Blackwood and Bruce Biel, it's a phenomenal way to spend 40 minutes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnhMCxk ... e=youtu.be