CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: 11/25 @ UConn

Post by newbritainite »

Agreed, J.J
CCSU Class of 2004
Football NEC Champions: 2004 * 2005 * 2009 * 2010 * 2017 * 2019
Men's Basketball NEC Champions: 2000 * 2002 * 2007
The only Men's Basketball team in Connecticut to make the 2006-2007 NCAA Tournament - CCSU Blue Devils!
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

J.J. wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:52 pm
RonnyRob15 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:08 pm Btw the line is only 26.
I wouldn’t call that a mortal lock, but if anyone needs some extra COVID cash, I would take UConn and give the points in a heartbeat.
UCONN covers by .5

That is the 2nd highest point total for CCSU vs. UConn in 15 games.

1/24/1990 - L, 77-99 at #20 UConn (Storrs Field House)
11/5/2020 - L, 75-102 at UConn (Gampel Pavilion)
RonnyRob15
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by RonnyRob15 »

Scantlebury might be a player.

I don’t follow the sport like I used to - but that team is certainly improved and if they play the games looked like they could finish like 6th to me.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

Let’s see how they bounce back Friday. Scantelbury looks solid. Krishnan continues to underwhelm. Offense has definitely improved. That’s the best we’ll see all season. Hopefully we can compete this year..
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

Not sure if this is an indication of anything, but Central's 75 points scored is the second highest in series history vs. UConn and the 27 point difference is the closest game since 1/24/1990 (L, 77-99)
staypositive
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by staypositive »

Not sure I understand your "Krishnan continues to underwhelm" comment. Finished 5th in the conference in 3pters, led team in ppg, 45% 3pt shooting, among other impressive stats. It's the first game. He had an off night. Calm down.
RonnyRob15
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by RonnyRob15 »

It’s the exact kind of game where a solid NEC wing just drowns against NBA/Big East talent. Krishnan was bad in the second half but it’s a totally different level of athleticism.
staypositive
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by staypositive »

He's proven he can play against high D1 talent. Scored 28 against Georgetown. Pls just stop with all the negative comments after ONE game. A player is entitled to have an off night. Calm down and stay positive. :)
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

He’s frustrated me is all and obviously not just tonight but I was hoping he’d be more of a leader by now, he’s been very Inconsistent at times and the failing out was a killer when we needed him most. Don’t get me wrong, he can shoot the lights out and I have no idea about his personal life but I don’t know man, all this losing for double digit years has got me cranky.
staypositive
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by staypositive »

Inconsistency is part of basketball. What player do you know, on any level, is on every night? And what does having an off night have to do with leadership? Not everyone is a vocal leader. Yes, he made a mistake academically last season. He owned up to it and didn't repeat it. That's growth and maturity. Stop attacking this young man after ONE game. Everyone makes mistakes. Move on. He'll be fine.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

Not attacking, just debating which is what we do here. Definitely not basing an opinion on one game. Here’s hoping the whole thing turns around.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

Did you guys see the write up on blue Devi’s.com? Did they change the format? Looks great, it’s got a summary outline , quotes, stats, new graphics. All in a readable mobile format. Looks great! 👍🏼
staypositive
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by staypositive »

Yes, he had an off night and was pressing to score but I'm sure it's because he was trying to get in a rhythm after being practically face guarded for the game. You're entitled to your opinion, and all that's gone into forming it. I'm offering this opinion, everyone makes mistakes and is entitled to a fresh start. He may not fit your definition of what a leader should be or look like. Everyone grows at their own pace. It may or may not happen when others want it to. He's a great *young* man and basketball player who is continuing to grow, mature and learn. He comes from a great family from what I hear. I'm believing things will turn around but the constant negativity towards the coaches and players doesn't help. Everyone's trying.
RonnyRob15
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by RonnyRob15 »

That’s easily the best UConn team since 2014 and probably the deepest in over a decade. That kid Brown-Ferguson they brought in at the end is an absolute physical freak and he’s like their 13th guy. He’s 19, 7’1 and picked UConn over Arizona and Kansas.

If they play the season UConn could easily make the second weekend of the tournament and Central hung for a half.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

Agreed RR and dare I be cautiously optimistic but only our best CCSU teams have historically hung in with the bigs for at least a half and they didn’t look too bad all second half they just got sloppy cause they got tired when they turned up the defense. Hey, so far (yes I know it’s early) it’s the best looking team DM has put on the floor since he’s been here. Let’s see what Friday brings. Too bad we can’t socially distance ( so hate those words) up at CCSU get 30 people and pay a buck apiece 😂

Happy Thanksgiving all! I know we’re all thankful that at least they are playing and we can once again bs about it on The forum 😆