11/25 @ UConn

Lets talk some Hoops!
staypositive
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Re: 11/25 @ UConn

Post by staypositive »

Hey everyone. Happy Thanksgiving! I have a ton of things I'm grateful for, one of them being able to watch CCSU mens and womens basketball. It's been a dreadful year. Mental health issues have skyrocketed, especially among college students. Athletes, in particular, generally don't open up about things they struggle with for fear of looking weak. I say all that to say this, let's all pledge to refrain from saying negative things specific to a coach or player this season. Donyell said it best in a recent interview that at 47, he struggles. Imagine how young men less than half his age are coping. You never know what's going on inside or around a person, even when they look happy on the outside. What happens if a player or coach sees something negative written about them when they are already feeling low. How does what you just said help that person? Remember what our moms use to say, if you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything. In the environment of COVUD and how fragile people are mentally, I have vowed to not pile on the negativity. Remember the golden rule, do unto others as you would want done to you. Let's do things differently this season, understanding it will not be a normal one and it will affect these young men. I would feel bad if one of them happen to come across something I said about them in this chat and it sinks them even lower. These are young kids finding their way in life, not grown ups like we are. Let's never lose sight of that and aim only to encourage them, not tear them down. Happy Thanksgiving and stay positive. 😁
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

Welcome Staypositive and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone as well.

Yes, everyone has something to be thankful for and we should all remember there is more to life outside of these games.

I think as a whole, this message board has tried to stay positive and certainly show support for all our student-athletes. This year we should especially remember that, as the entire country is coping with COVID. This season is going to be measured in more than just wins and losses. These kids need our support!

I think we are always looking for improvement and hard work, whatever the outcome. Last night's game was great. We were outsized but not out worked. Every player should be proud, but also ready to keep working. That is all we should ever ask of them.

Coaching is a profession and has a slightly different set of standards. DM has said all the right things and you're right we need to stay positive and show our support for him during the season. I have no doubt he is putting is student-athletes welfare first and that is what is most important right now. Donnyell has always been very frank in his comments and that is something we should all respect.
BigBlue92
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by BigBlue92 »

CCSU’s offensive numbers vs UConn yesterday:
18-35 2FG
8-17 3FG
57.7% eFG% (34th in nation)
Damn good offensive showing.
BigBlue92
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by BigBlue92 »

And yeah, I don’t think we want to go knocking Krishnan. Kid has proven time and again that he is a deadly shooter—arguably the best 3FG shooter in the NEC.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

Yeah, this is a bit over the top...

https://twitter.com/uconn6thborough/sta ... 69794?s=21
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

BigBlue92 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:33 pm CCSU’s offensive numbers vs UConn yesterday:
18-35 2FG
8-17 3FG
57.7% eFG% (34th in nation)
Damn good offensive showing.
Absolutely. Other than getting out rebounded and UCONN 2nd chance points and points in the paint, we played outstanding.

Really, that was one great half of basketball. And in the 2nd half, the Huskies size just took over. There is no game plan to overcome that and win. Let's keep it up vs Army