Is this the year?

All things baseball.

BlueDevilsRule
CCSU Fans Rookie
CCSU Fans Rookie

Is this the year?

Post by BlueDevilsRule »

I am 66 years old and a lifetime CCSU baseball and basketball fan. I am waiting for that dream season which would include a NEC championship and a first round victory against a national powerhouse. I know a national championship is not possible (athletic budget) but a first round victory is reachable.
Remember UMBC against Virginia 2 years ago in baskeball and Bryant's one run loss against then number one LSU in baseball this year in regular season.
CCSU basketball had a near miss against Iowa State several years ago within 2 points with 5 minutes to go (If my memory serves correct). Hoping that the dream season will happen this week for CCSU baseball. GO BLUE DEVILS!!!
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Is this the year?

Post by ccsuhoops »

Unlike basketball, I don't follow baseball on the collegiate level outside of CCSU of course. What I do know is that this team is scrappy and (aside from Friday) seem to really believe in themselves as a team. Can they beat a big boy? Not sure, but its baseball, that discrepancy isn't as large as it looms in basketball. I'm hoping they can compete, but like basketball, they get no respect because they are from the NEC and are playing a home game @ Arkansas. Now, can they in the next couple years? Judging by the fact that this team is veeeeerrry young, only good things can come. I LOVE the fact that they have two NCAA bids in the last three years. Something I hope DM can get us to very soon.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Is this the year?

Post by ccsuhoops »

We are getting DISSED hard on Twitter. Oooof....