Coach Rossomando

Its 3rd down and 4 whats your call coach?
Blue_shadow
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Coach Rossomando

Post by Blue_shadow »

This might explain no announcements on new recruits.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41053630-4
Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Coach Rossomando

Post by Skyhawkct »

Yup...He has a tough job ahead of him and so does our new AD in finding a new coach.
Larryl9797
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Larryl9797 »

I am not sure how to feel about this. Underachieved this season and was looking at a uphill struggle for the next season. maybe his departure will be better for the future....
“You can be as talented as you want, but if you don’t play together and as a team, you’re not going to win.” -Donyell Marshall 1-21-2019
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

Yep. I knew something smelled fishy. Wonder what signings we got while he was shopping for a new job?

I really wish we would have pulled the trigger on this in December. I wonder what kind of contract extension he got last year? Hopefully we get some buyout $$$ from Rutgers.

FYI - He put in for the Fordham job last year.

Big test for our new AD. Getting a head coach now in February is going to be a a hard sell.

Lots of good players on the team, but we need an experienced FCS cooordinator from a very successful program.
Larryl9797
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Larryl9797 »

hopefully the prospects knew the HC was headed out the door.
Maybe we can get lucky and the OC has the chops to get an upgrade?
“You can be as talented as you want, but if you don’t play together and as a team, you’re not going to win.” -Donyell Marshall 1-21-2019
hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper »

Is it possible that one of the assistant coaches will be an Interim HC? giving them a year to find a real HC and if things go well next season, dropping the interim tag.
That might be the best way to go.
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

hilltopper wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:14 pm Is it possible that one of the assistant coaches will be an Interim HC? giving them a year to find a real HC and if things go well next season, dropping the interim tag.
That might be the best way to go.
Not sure that's a good plan. No one on staff, with the exception of McCarthy, really has the experience/resume for the job.

Ross brought a lot if the staff from UNH with him and I'm not sure their was a heir apparent on staff.

This is a great job for an experienced and up-and-coming D-I coordinator that wants to run a program. Sure it's a stepping stone job, but we need to find d the right guy that has a plan to leave us in a better position in 5 years, not the status quo (or worse).
wurzshep19
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by wurzshep19 »

Kinda seemed like Coach Ross never had control of the team, and the excuse of “they aren’t his guys” went away and he still never had control.

This coaching staff lost us more games with poor clock management, questionable play calling and undisciplined teams than you can shake a stick at.

Thanks, and don’t let the door hit you.

Now the issue is who the hell do you find in Jan/Feb that’s any good!?!?
hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper »

Yes, there was a lot of what I would call avoidable errors...fumbles, unnecessary penalties, etc.
But I have to wonder if he did such a terrible job, why did he get a promotion?
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

Not sure it is that much of a promotion. Pay raise, certainly. It is only a positional coach at the worst program in the Big Ten, not a coordinator.

Not many head coach position in D-I (FBS & FCS). In fact many FBS coordinator take FCS head jobs to run their own program and gain head coaching experience for a chance to run a FBS team.

I wish Ross the best in his new job in New Brunswick, but it is time for CCSU to move on and look ahead to what's next.

How about CCSU alum Dave Patenaude for the job? He was the head coach at UNH before Ross and is currently the OC at Georgia Tech.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Patenaude
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

Maybe we can sign Mike Sherman away from the Montreal Allouetts in the CFL? :lol:

https://en.montrealalouettes.com/mike-s ... ead-coach/
Larryl9797
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Larryl9797 »

So it looks like Rossomando already started at Rutgers. This must have been in the works for a while. Hopefully there is something on the works already..
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

Larryl9797 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:01 am hopefully the prospects knew the HC was headed out the door.
Maybe we can get lucky and the OC has the chops to get an upgrade?
That's what I'm thinking. Hire an interim from within. Too late now to get a coach. Practice starts in 2 months right? Man Ross burned that bridge. [-X [-X [-X
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

wurzshep19 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:06 pm Kinda seemed like Coach Ross never had control of the team, and the excuse of “they aren’t his guys” went away and he still never had control.

This coaching staff lost us more games with poor clock management, questionable play calling and undisciplined teams than you can shake a stick at.

Thanks, and don’t let the door hit you.

Now the issue is who the hell do you find in Jan/Feb that’s any good!?!?
Attachments
hesrightyouknow.JPG
hesrightyouknow.JPG (25.31 KiB) Viewed 4806 times
ktuck911
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ktuck911 »

I knew it was wayyy too quiet recruiting wise for you guys... He's a quality coach... I thought he wanted to build this program.. I was wrong...

Here's hoping you guys don't have to start from scratch like we had to up in Storrs...