STATS FCS Top-25 Poll

Its 3rd down and 4 whats your call coach?
Larryl9797
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: STATS FCS Top-25 Poll

Post by Larryl9797 »

11-17-19_fcs_map.png
“You can be as talented as you want, but if you don’t play together and as a team, you’re not going to win.” -Donyell Marshall 1-21-2019
Larryl9797
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Larryl9797 »

Capture.JPG
“You can be as talented as you want, but if you don’t play together and as a team, you’re not going to win.” -Donyell Marshall 1-21-2019
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

Skyhawkct wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:31 am
Shoreline wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:22 am From the College Sports Madness website:
https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/fc ... acketology
Bring ‘em on! A little NEC revenge! 😜
Too bad it's predicted to be in NJ. Not far but it would be really nice to get that home game.
hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper »

That is just a "projected" bracket, so a lot is going to depend on what happens this week and the mood of the bracket makers.
For what it is worth, Monmouth and Central have one common opponent - Wagner.
Monmouth won by two points, squeaking out a victory by scoring a TD with 23 seconds left in the game.
The Unknown Fan
CCSU Fans Regular
CCSU Fans Regular

Post by The Unknown Fan »

I heard on the NEC front row broadcast of the CCSU/UNH bb game last night that Central submitted a bid to host a first round FCS football playoff game. I guess it will boil down to how good of a bid it was. I am sure a solid win against Duquesne on Saturday won't hurt either.
wurzshep19
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by wurzshep19 »

The playoff system is a little different in FCS, and we absolutely put in a bid for a home game, as we did when we went to New Hampshire as well.

We need to finish off Duquesne and have everything fall just right, but we are absolutely in the running
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

Hosting a first round game is determined by $$$$, not how well we play. Once we are matched with an First Round opponent, they open sealed bids from the 2 teams (if submitted) and the school with the best financial guarantee to the NCAA gets the home game.

If we were able to play ourselves into a Top-8 seed, we’d be guaranteed a First Round bye and at least one home game. However, realistically that isn’t happening with our schedule.

It is very positive to hear CCSU is willing to submit a bid! Let’s hope we get matched with PL AQ (likely Holy Cross), as I think we can outbid them, if they even submit.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

J.J. wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:40 pm
It is very positive to hear CCSU is willing to submit a bid! Let’s hope we get matched with PL AQ (likely Holy Cross), as I think we can outbid them, if they even submit.
Not willing...have :-) now we...

[-o<

pray icon wont work, lol
Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct »

I didn’t know that a school had to pay to get a home game.

I know this isn’t FBS, but do the schools earn some kind of dividend like the NCAA BB tournament? Or is this a losing proposition even for the winners?
Last edited by Skyhawkct on Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

Don't know question two but question one is basically how many buts can you put in the seats. I'm expecting the tickets to be more than normal if we do. I'd also imagine that they would put bleachers behind the goal post, etc. Hopefully the news can stop talking about Randy Edsel and his loser club long enough to start putting some attention our way so people may actually want to see a college football game that counts in this state. We have 4/5 local news outlets. Our people should be contacting their people yesterday. Facebook posts and Twitter posts are not going to cut it.
The Unknown Fan
CCSU Fans Regular
CCSU Fans Regular

Post by The Unknown Fan »

The FCS college football playoffs is comprised of 24 teams. There are 10 automatic qualifiers ( CCSU is an AQ ) and 14 at large selections.
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

Step Three: Determination of Host Sites
Once the 24 teams have been paired and bracketed, the committee will begin the process of determining the host sites for the first- and second-round games of the championship.

The following criteria are used in the evaluation of potential host sites during all preliminary rounds of the championship:

Quality and availability of the facility and other necessary accommodations.
Revenue potential.
Attendance history and potential.
Geographical location.
Championships operating costs.
Previous crowd-control measures and crowd behavior of the prospective host school (regardless of seed).
If the minimum guarantees are met, the committee will award playoff sites to the higher-seeded teams.

In matchups between two unseeded teams, the following criteria shall be used to determine the host site:

Quality of facility.
Revenue potential plus estimated net receipts.
Attendance history and potential.
Team’s performance (for example, conference place finish, head-to-head results and number of Division I opponents).
Student-athlete well-being (for example, minimizing travel and missed class time).
http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/med ... ctions-101
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

When does all this get finalized? Sunday? Like selection Sunday, lol
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

Yep. :)
hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper »

Wow! So there is chance for a home game?
I am getting my long underwear ready!