Univ. of New Haven to NEC?

This forum is to discuss the buzz on our peer and up-level conferences.
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Univ. of New Haven to NEC?

Post by J.J. »

According to Ray Current (@currenrr), the University of New Haven may be joining the NEC.

I'm sure more news to come ...
Shoreline
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Univ. of New Haven to NEC?

Post by Shoreline »

Univ-New Haven, Merrimack, C W Post, looks like our schedule is on a collision course with 1960’s. That’s fine with me as long as I can go back to the same weight and have same amount hair on my head as I did then. It would also helpful if the State of Connecticut went back to providing the same percentage of support to higher education as it did back then. And while we are on the subject let’s have the Federal government get rid of the Pell Grant system, which is nothing more than voucher system anyway, and return to providing direct support to the institutions.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

At first I was a bit ticked but thinking about it some more, why not? It adds two local games in both Football and Basketball. Their football team has always been pretty good, not sure on basketball still, at least they are close and RMU wont be around here forever w/ that new arena.
Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct »

I agree Hoops. I wasn’t too keen on it but it does help maintain our conference football status which was getting pretty dicey a couple of years ago.

CCSU’s budget is so tight, I’m all for playing a local team (local for you guys anyway) in any sport as opposed to traveling hundreds of miles.