2/20 @ LIU

Lets talk some Hoops!
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: 2/20 @ LIU

Post by CCSU4-3 »

I wasn't home so I saw none of this game. Can someone give me the cliffsnotes?

Jamir Reed got ejected for kicking a chair?
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

CCSU4-3 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:59 pm I wasn't home so I saw none of this game. Can someone give me the cliffsnotes?

This game reminded me of when we were competitive in the NEC yet still found ways to lose. Bottom line, we still don’t know how to win a basketball game. Missed key opportunities with bad shot selection at key moments. More than one time we could have taken command and we didn’t.

Bottom line, they took and made more shots and we need a big man. NewKirk and Baker carried us today offensively. Ridiculous two technical fouls inside of 30 seconds, a bad play call(execution?) off a time out with 17 seconds remaining and a no time out call that resulted in a five second turnover were the daggers.
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

ccsuhoops wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:42 pm
CCSU4-3 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:59 pm I wasn't home so I saw none of this game. Can someone give me the cliffsnotes?

This game reminded me of when we were competitive in the NEC yet still found ways to lose. Bottom line, we still don’t know how to win a basketball game. Missed key opportunities with bad shot selection at key moments. More than one time we could have taken command and we didn’t.

Bottom line, they took and made more shots and we need a big man. NewKirk and Baker carried us today offensively. Ridiculous two technical fouls inside of 30 seconds, a bad play call(execution?) off a time out with 17 seconds remaining and a no time out call that resulted in a five second turnover were the daggers.
Oof. Thanks.
hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper »

CCSU4-3 wrote:Jamir Reed got ejected for kicking a chair?
Jamir Reed got a technical late in the 4th Q. I did not see anything bad, the announcer thought he said something to the Ref. Two shots for the foul and two more for the technical. According to the announcer he went back to the bench and kicked a chair and a ball rolled out onto the court, delaying the game. The ref gave him another technical ejecting him from the game.
Two more foul shots, I think one missed.

Why would anyone think that completely losing self control and awareness of the game situation is going to help the team?
As Yogi Berra said, its deja-vu all over again.
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

hilltopper wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:15 pm

Why would anyone think that completely losing self control and awareness of the game situation is going to help the team?
All I can say is it's been a tough 12 months for the coaching staff and the players alike. There is probably a ton of frustration (not an excuse for kicking a chair, but a reason for losing control).

I'm not sure what will happen over the next couple of months, but it'll be tough for everyone involved.
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

CCSU4-3 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:02 pm
hilltopper wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:15 pm

All I can say is it's been a tough 12 months for the coaching staff and the players alike. There is probably a ton of frustration (not an excuse for kicking a chair, but a reason for losing control).

I'm not sure what will happen over the next couple of months, but it'll be tough for everyone involved.
Agreed. We need a fresh start, period.