1-14 at SHU

Lets talk some Hoops!
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

1-14 at SHU

Post by ccsuhoops »

Front Row off to a rough start. Hopefully we can pull this off...looks like Ian’s back
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: 1-14 at SHU

Post by ccsuhoops »

So much fun watching a game with no on screen score and the announcers don’t seem to know it as they are barely saying the score.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

GD they are just about unwatchable. This is a depleted SHU team who started the season a depleted team!!!! 😡
hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper »

Yes, "unwatchable" describes it.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

DM is 0 for SHU in his storied CCSU coaching career. 🤦🏻‍♂️
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

I posted this on Twitter, but figured I'd post it here as well:

Last night CCSU scored just 0.67ppp, which is the Blue Devils' lowest output in an NEC game during the Kenpom era (2002). And it's not like the SHU defense is particularly strong; they came into the game allowing 1.06ppp in league games, and haven't played Bryant, FDU, or SFC yet.

Through 7 league games, CCSU has the 2nd worst offensive efficiency (96.5 points/100 poss) thanks to poor offensive rebounding (22.2%, 9th), not getting to the free throw line (8th), and not converting inside the arc (48%, 8th)

Of course, their defense isn't good either; allowing 104.2 pts/100 poss, which is 8th. Last season, their OE was 95.2 pts/100 poss, and their DE was 110.8 pts/100 poss, so an improvement, but not as much as I would have hoped.

The Blue Devils now have the league's lowest Kenpom rating (#335, it was #347 a season ago) and are projected to finish with the league's worst record (6-12). They are underdogs in every remaining game, including home games against SHU (#316) and Merrimack (#315)

I didn't expect this team to finish in the top 4, but I had hoped we'd see clear improvement given that they returned nearly all of their scoring from a year ago, and added two impactful JUCO players.

There are a few guys who have made big jumps from last season, namely Greg Outlaw and Zach Newkirk. I still think there are a number of talented players, but for whatever reason the results have not been there.

What I saw last night (before I got disgusted and opted for better games) was a group of guys largely looking for their own shot and settling for off-the-dribble long jumpers, rather than attacking the paint and sharing the basketball.

Maybe they can turn it around, but at this point I see no evidence indicating they can get anywhere close to 9-9 in the NEC, let alone qualify for the NECT. As a reminder; a CCSU team hasn't played an NECT game since '14, and hasn't won an NECT game since '07. Very frustrating
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

Thanks for posting 4-3. I’ve got to make more of an effort to get back to your awesome site. I literally looked at it every day or so since you put it up but since the end of last year, even I’m giving them less attention. All I can say is, Toms decision on Friday, February 26th @ 6 o’clock is ABUNDANTLY clear...
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

ccsuhoops wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:16 pm Thanks for posting 4-3. I’ve got to make more of an effort to get back to your awesome site. I literally looked at it every day or so since you put it up but since the end of last year, even I’m giving them less attention.
Honestly I've focused more on the NEC as a whole...I wrote one CCSU-centric article this season. I've been generally keeping my Central thoughts to Twitter.