Hows the streaming of Hoops games?

Lets talk some Hoops!
Larryl9797
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hows the streaming of Hoops games?

Post by Larryl9797 »

Peeps.. How is the quality of streaming games?
“Winners are not people who do not fail, but people who never quit“-Anonymous
hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Hows the streaming of Hoops games?

Post by hilltopper »

I have had no problems with NEC front row, except for one early game where there was no sound for the first half. But that was something on the host school's end (I think it was FDU). Otherwise it has been just like last year. A clear picture with mostly one view.
GameDay
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by GameDay »

One game my son came into the room and asked how I was watching with that poor of quality. I had not noticed but he pointed out to me that the players were blurry. It was like there were multiple frames of them on the screen at one time when they moved fast. It then became real obvious to me and hard to watch.
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

I think it's dependent upon the school.

FDU has the worst camera location of any school in the NEC. Last week I was watching a game (I can't remember where) and the camera man maybe didn't have a tripod? The camera was bouncing around and I was literally getting motion sick.

Sometimes there are technical issues, but you have to remember that most of the people putting together those productions are students. Overall it's great, and the fact that it doesn't cost anything is an added bonus.

I would probably be willing to pay for a better service, or if they struck a deal with ESPN+ I'd be happy. But that's me. I'm sure the folks at the NEC have done the research and determined that NEC FrontRow is the best way to package their product.
Larryl9797
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Larryl9797 »

NEC should push some standards for cameras and telecasting games since there are no butts in the seats.. I thought that that would happen cuz there was no fall sports.... oh well.....
“Winners are not people who do not fail, but people who never quit“-Anonymous
hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper »

I went for years listening to CCSU road games on the radio. Now I have a radio broadcast with actual moving pictures too! Definitely an improvement.
Most of the time the picture quality is good, the main problem is the single point of view. The quality variations could be because of several things either at the viewers or the broadcasts end. I think most of what I have seen is at a low level HD, and of course Central's announcers are pros.
I'll take it, and the price is right.
Though I would not mind paying a few bucks for a more professional broadcast with a couple of different camera angles.
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

I will say that, for the most part, the broadcast teams are top-notch. I'll take Bruce/Marc over anyone, but the majority of programs have great announcers/analysts.

Not all- there are a couple that are not good- but generally very good.