Big Board!

Lets talk some Hoops!
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Big Board!

Post by J.J. »

Hearing there are some final steps in the process (nothing out of the norm) before the school can announce. Expect the press conference next week.

Can confirm the selection is made and details have been negotiated and agreed to. No one else was offered, they are just processing paperwork at this stage. That why this has finally leaked.

Again, we have our guy and everything is OK, we are just dealing with legal and HR technicalities - nothing we have to worry about. And very much like Larry said - this is just the State of Connecticut doing their thing. It is what it is.
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

I think a few posters alluded to the delay in an official announcement. Because of what happened last time, this current regime is doing everything by the books (a very good thing). I think they are just finalizing the required state and university hiring process - but we have our coach - Pat Sellers.

Note that Donyell was announced as HC back on 4/6/2016, however his contract term did not begin until 4/15/2016.

Also, I think the recent UConn press release of new assistant coach Luke Murray gives some additional hints as to what is happening at CCSU.
STORRS, Conn. – UConn men's basketball coach Dan Hurley has announced the hiring of Luke Murray as assistant coach, pending the completion of the university's employee onboarding process.
https://uconnhuskies.com/news/2021/5/3/ ... staff.aspx

Simply put, I think some officials do not want to get out front of the process, even though it is a done deal.
newbritainite
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by newbritainite »

Agreed.
CCSU Class of 2004
Football NEC Champions: 2004 * 2005 * 2009 * 2010 * 2017 * 2019
Men's Basketball NEC Champions: 2000 * 2002 * 2007
The only Men's Basketball team in Connecticut to make the 2006-2007 NCAA Tournament - CCSU Blue Devils!