Big Board!

Lets talk some Hoops!
Shoreline
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Big Board!

Post by Shoreline »

So basically we're still waiting for Florida.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

WTH is taking so long???
jcframingham
CCSU Fans Regular
CCSU Fans Regular

Post by jcframingham »

I wonder if they're giving the new hire time to arrive on campus so a press conference can complement the announcement. Or something small like that. I know none of the candidates live particularly far, but am just sayin'.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

Has anyone been on Twitter? Sounds like this could be a complete cluster? God I hope it’s just chatter. Someone said it was basically a d3 search at the d1 level. What does that even mean? Money? Tom sure seems to have his stuff together so wouldn’t think it’s that. Ugh.
wurzshep19
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by wurzshep19 »

A couple of nobodies with conjecture on Twitter doesn’t really bother me. When someone with a blue checkmark or tons of followers says something, maybe.

It’s been a very tight lid and I expect that until we get an announcement.

Of course, it could very well be a cluster lol
Deltaguy1
CCSU Fans Rookie
CCSU Fans Rookie

Post by Deltaguy1 »

Most likely, any info will be released mid-week, as is normal. So, we've missed this week.
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

ccsuhoops wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:58 pm Has anyone been on Twitter? Sounds like this could be a complete cluster? God I hope it’s just chatter. Someone said it was basically a d3 search at the d1 level. What does that even mean? Money? Tom sure seems to have his stuff together so wouldn’t think it’s that. Ugh.
I re-tweeted Kevin Sweeney, who had a coach involved early on in the process tell him that.

I'm not sure EXACTLY what he meant, but I believe it has to do with the level of scrutiny (aka the number of hoops required to jump through) compared with the payscale.

Most D1 programs are focused on WINNING, with an eye on the "other stuff" (academics, etc.). This job seems to be focused on a number of things that have nothing to do with wins and losses, which is what you would typically see at the D3 level.

Again- I'M not complaining about the job Tom Pincince is doing. I understand the situation regarding the state, union, etc. I get it. But my DMs were flying yesterday.

We've become a joke. Blame the state. Blame the union. Blame Toro. Blame Donyell Marshall. Who/whatever you want to blame, fine. But coaches in the northeast and media people who are following this are pointing and laughing.
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

I'm starting to become convinced that we've hit a snag. Is the committee/administration not agreeing on who should be the coach? Did we offer it to someone who turned it down? Has it fallen apart during contract negotiations?

I have no idea. But the idea that interviews were done by Monday at the latest and we still don't have any idea? That's concerning.
hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper »

I can draw some conclusions:
1. Its not going to be Sellers, if it was it would have been done already.
2. The process is FUBAR'ed
3. If they do end up signing Sellers than that only proves #2, because why would it take so long to make an obvious choice?
4. it has nothing to do with a D1 or D3 approach, again, you are referred to #2
5. to the new HC, whoever it is, good luck!
BigBlue92
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by BigBlue92 »

hilltopper wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:20 am I can draw some conclusions:
1. Its not going to be Sellers, if it was it would have been done already.
2. The process is FUBAR'ed
3. If they do end up signing Sellers than that only proves #2, because why would it take so long to make an obvious choice?
4. it has nothing to do with a D1 or D3 approach, again, you are referred to #2
5. to the new HC, whoever it is, good luck!
I think you're onto to something, Hill. I KNOW for a fact that Pat was the pick of many people on the initial committee--including those at that top. So, are we basically having a repeat of 5 years ago?
I'm guessing, and this is just speculation, that the hiring committee sent 3 names to administration--their first choice, second choice, and third choice. Why Toro overrode the committee's choice--again just speculating here--is beyond me. Would it be because of Pat's issue at UConn?--which we know he was just the fall guy for. For whatever reason, it APPEARS that administration decided on another candidate--Curran??? Then, when it came time to negotiate a contract--with the coach's agent--things likely fell apart...OR maybe they're just ironing out the details.
Either way, this is a bad look. It's getting embarrassing.
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

I have 2 sources that say everything is fine. It is moving along without issue.

I'm as frustrated as everyone, but the PROCESS just takes this long. I don't have an excuse, but it is what it is.

I can assure the outside bloggers that don't know what is like at CCSU are filling in the blanks with conjecture.

We will have an announcement next week.
callmecasual
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by callmecasual »

J.J. wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:48 pm I have 2 sources that say everything is fine. It is moving along without issue.

I'm as frustrated as everyone, but the PROCESS just takes this long. I don't have an excuse, but it is what it is.

I can assure the outside bloggers that don't know what is like at CCSU are filling in the blanks with conjecture.

But who is it?
hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper »

Why Toro overrode the committee's choice--again just speculating here--is beyond me. Would it be because of Pat's issue at UConn?--which we know he was just the fall guy for.
I hope not, but there is no doubt in my mind that is why Pat has gone over 20 years without an HC job. I don't know how much influence certain people affiliated with UConn have with Central's decision making process. It seems unlikely that he would make it to "finalist" if there was an informal blackballing. I am sure that the subject came up during the interview process.
Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct »

I’m sticking my neck out here knowing I’m in the minority and I’ll get some pushback but try not to be so hard on Dr. Toro. I doubt if she will sabotage the process.

I’ve met with her several times both professionally and at (pre Covid) social events and rest assured, she wants what is best for CCSU and she has never indicated anything, at least to me, that she wants to interfere with the goings on in the athletic department more than she has to.

She has bigger fish to fry than the selection of a new MBB coach. We aren’t Notre Dame or UCLA where the coaches and AD’s are more important than the university president.

From what I have gathered, and I mentioned this before, she does NOT want to micro manage the athletic department, preferring to deal with academics and now, trying to figure out how they are going to deal with next semester in regards to Covid.

What I’m sure she DOES want is to leave the athletic department in the hands of Tom and have a determination of a new MBB coach that won’t come back to haunt us.

Keep in mind also, she inherited some embarrassing problems and she, rightfully so, wants a clean and THOROUGHLY vetted process here.
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

callmecasual wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:58 pm
J.J. wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:48 pm I have 2 sources that say everything is fine. It is moving along without issue.

But who is it?
I can't seem to get them to leak. Again, it is a tight ship.

That swings both ways. It's a good sign compared to last time, but like everyone I want to know yesterday