Big Board!

Lets talk some Hoops!
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Big Board!

Post by CCSU4-3 »

My working theory is that a UConn fan high up in the administration is trying to get Tate George to become the next CCSU coach.

You heard it here first.
Larryl9797
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Larryl9797 »

CCSU4-3 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:16 am My working theory is that a UConn fan high up in the administration is trying to get Tate George to become the next CCSU coach.

You heard it here first.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
“Winners are not people who do not fail, but people who never quit“-Anonymous
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

Will Bruce or Marc be forced to say “Tate George wins it!” ?
jcframingham
CCSU Fans Regular
CCSU Fans Regular

Post by jcframingham »

It's going to be Toraino Walker. You read it here first. Now everyone must believe me!
newbritainite
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by newbritainite »

Donny Marshall
CCSU Class of 2004
Football NEC Champions: 2004 * 2005 * 2009 * 2010 * 2017 * 2019
Men's Basketball NEC Champions: 2000 * 2002 * 2007
The only Men's Basketball team in Connecticut to make the 2006-2007 NCAA Tournament - CCSU Blue Devils!
ktuck911
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ktuck911 »

I got dibs on Marc Suhr
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

We are all embarrassed by this search, right?

Again, I don't care who is or isn't at fault. It's a completely joke.

Remember this 5 years from now. Unless the next coach is a complete train-wreck, they almost have to keep him on.
callmecasual
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by callmecasual »

So tight lipped and a disaster at the same time.

Almost 2 months since it was announced Marshall is out.

Just crazy.
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

I'm not making excuses for anything, as this last week or so has taken longer than I expected.

However, there is light at the end of this tunnel (and it isn't an oncoming train)! Nothing but existing state and union bureaucratic process has dragged this on. I'm pretty confident there is no drama or issues behind the scenes.

I can't get anyone to crack, but I've heard the deal is being finalized. Yes, I really think we will have news very soon and we will not be disappointed when it is announced.
callmecasual
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by callmecasual »

The only thing that can really put this process into perspective is the fact that UConn hasn't announced a new assistant yet. They generally announce the day the job comes down but it's been crickets for the whole week.

Must have been something for the state to have many openings for basketball coaches. CCSU men's staff, UConn men's assistant and now strength, and UConn women's assistant.
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

callmecasual wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:41 pm The only thing that can really put this process into perspective is the fact that UConn hasn't announced a new assistant yet. They generally announce the day the job comes down but it's been crickets for the whole week.

Must have been something for the state to have many openings for basketball coaches. CCSU men's staff, UConn men's assistant and now strength, and UConn women's assistant.
UConn has no impact on us. I think Connecticut HR policies and collective bargaining rules are the biggest hurdles. I imagine some CCSU reviews (Admin/Legal) also eat up some time.

Again, I'm not making excuses, but the "official" timeline began on 4/15. Anything done before that was preparatory in nature. The process doesn't start when it was announced that DM would not return. He was on contract through 4/15.

So we are just over 2 weeks, despite what bloggers, tweeters or anyone in the outside says.
jcframingham
CCSU Fans Regular
CCSU Fans Regular

Post by jcframingham »

Not sure. Am I embarrassed because it's taking long or just depressed that not many (especially those outside of the program) are expressing concern over this long wait.

I hope for a coaching staff that can bring the program back to a point where there IS more global interest in a CCSU coaching vacancy. Not just interest in the position, but also that from fans and media on who gets the gig.
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

J.J. wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:48 pm UConn has no impact on us. I think Connecticut HR policies and collective bargaining rules are the biggest hurdles. I imagine some CCSU reviews (Admin/Legal) also eat up some time.

Again, I'm not making excuses, but the "official" timeline began on 4/15. Anything done before that was preparatory in nature. The process doesn't start when it was announced that DM would not return. He was on contract through 4/15.

So we are just over 2 weeks, despite what bloggers, tweeters or anyone in the outside says.
To be clear, I'm aware that it's only been since 4/15, and that there are so many hoops to jump through.

My point is that; IT SHOULDN'T BE THIS WAY.

I understand that it IS this way. But that's what's embarrassing about it. It's a D1 job and we have to operate under rules as if we are hiring a project supervisor for a repair to I-91 or something.

Coaches across the country are rebuilding their rosters. Now the CCSU head coach is at least 6 weeks behind. Again, it's embarrassing.

If I were Steve Curran, I would NOT want this job. Maybe it still makes sense for Sellers. The other guys? I'd pass.
ktuck911
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ktuck911 »

CCSU4-3 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:53 pm
J.J. wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:48 pm UConn has no impact on us. I think Connecticut HR policies and collective bargaining rules are the biggest hurdles. I imagine some CCSU reviews (Admin/Legal) also eat up some time.

To be clear, I'm aware that it's only been since 4/15, and that there are so many hoops to jump through.

My point is that; IT SHOULDN'T BE THIS WAY.

I understand that it IS this way. But that's what's embarrassing about it. It's a D1 job and we have to operate under rules as if we are hiring a project supervisor for a repair to I-91 or something.

Coaches across the country are rebuilding their rosters. Now the CCSU head coach is at least 6 weeks behind. Again, it's embarrassing.

If I were Steve Curran, I would NOT want this job. Maybe it still makes sense for Sellers. The other guys? I'd pass.
This... 10000% The fact that this is a D1 job, and CCSU as lagging behind everyone. Whatever talent left over for the Fall (and even next year) won't be available for the team... so, you're in for another extremely disappointing season... Less then 10 wins... again....
ktuck911
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ktuck911 »

J.J. wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 1:35 pmI can't get anyone to crack, but I've heard the deal is being finalized. Yes, I really think we will have news very soon and we will not be disappointed when it is announced.
Just read this... That's encouraging... Gotta mean AT LEAST by the end of this week (no later... If so, that's downright shameful)...