2021-22 Non-Conference Schedule

Lets talk some Hoops!
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: 2021-22 Non-Conference Schedule

Post by ccsuhoops »

jcframingham wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:54 am
CCSU4-3 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:31 am CCSU is playing NC State on 11/16 at Mohegan Sun, UMass-Lowell on 11/17.

A nice opportunity to play a high-major at a quasi-home game. We need to get as many students/alumni there as possible. A nice test to see if Patrick Sellers and Tom Pincince can lead a campaign to get students interested/involved.
Very true. As we all know, they have their work cut out for them, but hopefully their perseverance will yield results. When I was last at Mohegan Sun, the low turnout vs. UVM and Columbia was saddening. UVM, by way of their fans, had the home court advantage! It's clearly an uphill battle, but one I'm sure the coaches and admin are ready and willing to pursue.
There is one thing to make the kids show. Just win baby! Simple as that. Pat said it in one of his podcasts. He wants to get back to the winning so the gym is filled with 3000 plus every night. I’ve seen signs on campus, social media posts, student only give aways. They can try all they want but winning is the only thing that will get butts in the seats.
jcframingham
CCSU Fans Regular
CCSU Fans Regular

Post by jcframingham »

ccsuhoops wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:27 pm
jcframingham wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:54 am
CCSU4-3 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:31 am CCSU is playing NC State on 11/16 at Mohegan Sun, UMass-Lowell on 11/17.

A nice opportunity to play a high-major at a quasi-home game. We need to get as many students/alumni there as possible. A nice test to see if Patrick Sellers and Tom Pincince can lead a campaign to get students interested/involved.
Very true. As we all know, they have their work cut out for them, but hopefully their perseverance will yield results. When I was last at Mohegan Sun, the low turnout vs. UVM and Columbia was saddening. UVM, by way of their fans, had the home court advantage! It's clearly an uphill battle, but one I'm sure the coaches and admin are ready and willing to pursue.
There is one thing to make the kids show. Just win baby! Simple as that. Pat said it in one of his podcasts. He wants to get back to the winning so the gym is filled with 3000 plus every night. I’ve seen signs on campus, social media posts, student only give aways. They can try all they want but winning is the only thing that will get butts in the seats.
I think a new look (coaches and players) can get us a few extra fans in the short term. I seem to remember DM's first game vs. Harford (at Dietrich) had a pretty big turnout. But to your point, if they don't win, then back to the same old scene.

I'm not crazy about us facing a Big East and ACC opponent in our first week as it relates to support. But those are just two games, neither of which we're expected to win,
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

CCSU will host Holy Cross on December 1.
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

Confirmed non-conference games:

Tue., Nov. 9 – at UConn (Storrs)
Sun., Nov. 14 – at Brown
Tue., Nov. 16 – vs. UMass-Lowell (Mohegan Sun)
Wed., Nov. 17 – vs. N.C. State (Mohegan Sun)
Wed., Dec. 1 – Holy Cross (Detrick Gym)

Other rumored opponnets:
New Hampshire
Fordham
Hartford
Binghamton
hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper »

Does anyone have any info on the game times for the Mohegan Sun HOF Showcase on Nov. 16- 17?
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

hilltopper wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:34 pm Does anyone have any info on the game times for the Mohegan Sun HOF Showcase on Nov. 16- 17?
Per the CCSU release, times are TBD.

Tickets will be available to the general public on Friday, September 10 at 10 AM EST. Tickets for the games will go on sale at Ticketmaster.com, Ticketmaster outlets and the Mohegan Sun Box Office. Tickets will be good for admission to all games on that day. Pricing per day (includes facility fees) is: Courtside - $110, Lower Level - $33.

CCSU has been assigned section 23
hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper »

Thanks for that info, I am planning on going to at least one of the games.
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

J.J. wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:10 am Confirmed non-conference games:

Sun., Nov. 14 – at Brown

Other rumored opponnets:
New Hampshire
Fordham
Hartford
Binghamton
Based on a since deleted tweet from Quinnipiac, CCSU at QU on 11/20.
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

Good game for travel and budget, but QU is irrelevant to us. This is a game I can take or leave.

Probably rather play Fairfield and definitely rather play Yale.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

J.J. wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:53 pm Good game for travel and budget, but QU is irrelevant to us. This is a game I can take or leave.

Probably rather play Fairfield and definitely rather play Yale.
Nothing beats those old QU games in their old gym with them yelling safety school at us and we kicking their a$$es!
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

Updated:

Sun., Nov. 14 – at Brown (Providence)
Sat., Nov. 20 - at Qunnipiac (Hamden)

TBA: at New Hampshire, vs. Fordham, vs. Hartford, vs. Binghamton
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

Further updates from the Twitterverse confirms games I had heard with dates. I think the final game we are waiting to hear about is home vs. Binghamton, but we will see.
Sun., Nov. 14 – at Brown
Sat., Nov. 20 - at Qunnipiac
Tue., Nov. 23 - at Maine
Sun., Nov. 28 - Fordham (Detrick Gym)
Sat., Dec. 4 - at New Hampshire
Sat., Dec. 18 - Hartford (Detrick Gym)

BTW - I love this schedule! =D>
jcframingham
CCSU Fans Regular
CCSU Fans Regular

Post by jcframingham »

So that would leave 3 more teams on non-conference sched? I'm guessing one of those would be a DIII team or the like
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

jcframingham wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:30 am So that would leave 3 more teams on non-conference sched? I'm guessing one of those would be a DIII team or the like
Yes, I think we can schedule up to 31 regular season games.
In April 2020, the Division I Council passed legislation that allows men's basketball programs to schedule up to 28 regular-season games and participate in an MTE that has up to three games, or 29 regular-season games while participating in an MTE that has up to two games, for a total of 31 games in either scheduling option.
https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-me ... all-season

We have 10 opponents with dates so far (including a 2-game MTE), so yes, I expect 3 more opponents to be announced. With 3 non-conference home games confirmed at Detrick already (Fordham, HC, UHa), I do not expect (or hope for) a lower division opponent this season. My only exceptions would be a home game vs. one of the other State Universities - Southern, Eastern, or WestConn. Or maybe we bring in Jim Calhoun's D-III St. Joseph's College for fun!

FYI - I have heard Binghamton is likely as part of a deal that was supposed to begin last season (12/22/2020 was cancelled). I am also wondering if we agreed to a deal with Army as part of the Bubbleville event last year at Mohegan.

Other possibilities:
Albany - local game vs. 1st year head coach Dwayne Killings
Hofstra - Another 1st year head coach Speedy Claxton, plus Sellers has was previously on the Hofstra staff

And if we are looking for another guarantee game, I'd expect us to stay local like Boston College, Providence, Seton Hall, Rutgers
jcframingham
CCSU Fans Regular
CCSU Fans Regular

Post by jcframingham »

Yeah, I'm not crazy about scheduling DIII teams either (especially if they win or play us close). But there seems to have been a pattern of playing one each season (prior to COVID).