UHart out of the AE????

Lets talk some Hoops!
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: UHart out of the AE????

Post by J.J. »

The fiscal situation at Hartford is much deeper than athletics. Interesting article and clearly there will be a battle between those that want to remain D-I and those that see the need to adapt to new realties. This isn't 1984 anymore and COVID may have cause irreparable damage to small private institutions like University of Hartford.

https://www.courant.com/sports/college/ ... story.html
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

J.J. wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:40 pm The fiscal situation at Hartford is much deeper than athletics. Interesting article and clearly there will be a battle between those that want to remain D-I and those that see the need to adapt to new realties. This isn't 1984 anymore and COVID may have cause irreparable damage to small private institutions like University of Hartford.

https://www.courant.com/sports/college/ ... story.html
Very little aggravates me more than university staff and officials who cant see the benefits of d-1 Athletics. It’s how people connect with your university. It’s a dream of every kid and every kids family member for every player on every team. A university better be top notch academically or aspire to be rich snobs if they expect going d-3 to be the answers to your money problems. Heck, I can’t even name a d3 school, why? cause nobody cares about them except for the rich snobs that attend them😂. All this does for Hartford is expose their mis management of money and as a parent would never consider them form my kids as a result. Teachers and athletic folks need to come together and stop the immature bickering, and schools need to figure out how the two departments can work together for the good of the school and the university. Reading this just makes me aggravated that we too went through this, happy our President saw the value of remaining at the top level of Athletics. I pray she continues to, I’d hate to disassociate myself from the university but let’s face it, it’s the only reason I associate with it, and I love that association so hoping it sticks around till I check out of life 😂
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

Could it be abandon ship time? Just saw on fox61 that the UHart women's coach resigned to go be with the evil empire... 🤔

Morgan Valley joins UConn about a week after longtime assistant coach Shea Ralph was named the Vanderbilt Commodores new head women’s basketball coach. https://www.fox61.com/mobile/article/sp ... 5e6e7f1fe6
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

ccsuhoops wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:12 am Could it be abandon ship time? Just saw on fox61 that the UHart women's coach resigned to go be with the evil empire... 🤔

Morgan Valley joins UConn about a week after longtime assistant coach Shea Ralph was named the Vanderbilt Commodores new head women’s basketball coach.
We can only hope 😁 Seriously, I would like to see UHa stay D-I, but swap places with us in the NEC.

As a small private schools without any real academic reputation and relies a lot on tuition, the school has some structural issues outside if athletics. Really bad numbers across the board for tuition discount rate, acceptance, yeikd, etc.

The President has a public relations mess for sure, but the BOT has some real serious issues to tackle to save the university before they worry about athletics.