Outlaw enters transfer portal

Lets talk some Hoops!
jcframingham
CCSU Fans Regular
CCSU Fans Regular

Outlaw enters transfer portal

Post by jcframingham »

I say this makes it official we're starting from scratch next year. For a moment, I thought we might get enough back to make some modest improvements since last season. And though we might have a better record next year, I highly doubt it will be significant. But hope I'm wrong.
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Outlaw enters transfer portal

Post by J.J. »

Yeah, not good news, but all this was expected. I'm waiting to make a judgment on particular players staying/going until the end of the month.

DM's contract expires at midnight tonight - so we are officially on the clock. I am hopeful that they can make a decision, approve a contract, and hold a press conference within 2 weeks at the latest.

Once that happens, the new coach can talk with each player and we have the potential to have a few of them return for next season. Not everyone will come back, but I think there is a good chance a a couple in the Portal may be back on the 2021-22 roster.

There is light at the end of the tunnel! :)
callmecasual
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by callmecasual »

J.J. wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:13 pm DM's contract expires at midnight tonight - so we are officially on the clock. I am hopeful that they can make a decision, approve a contract, and hold a press conference within 2 weeks at the latest.
Two weeks? His contract expires at midnight, there is no reason they shouldn't be announcing a new coach tomorrow. I understand there is a process to things. But this getting ridiculous.

I know Tom said interviews would be this week and they wanted in person interviews with a select group. But come on. Yeah, red tape, blah blah blah, blame the state procedures, blah blah blah, the posting has been closed for a while, they know who the candidates are.

You should only be inviting people to campus if you intend to offer them the job. There is no reason they can't have already offered the job but be required to wait until midnight for it to be official.
hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper »

Don't worry the selection process is moving along. Each of the applicants is presently filling out a form BS-1701 A and will then submit it in quadruplicate to the Department of Redundancy Department, after which the report will be forwarded to the selection committee asap.