Welcome home Pat Sellers!

Lets talk some Hoops!
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Welcome home Pat Sellers!

Post by ccsuhoops »

Interesting point in this article. Why won’t ccsu disclose the length of the contract???

https://www.ctpost.com/sports/article/H ... 177162.php
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

ccsuhoops wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:31 pm Interesting point in this article. Why won’t ccsu disclose the length of the contract???

Not sure. I know it took a bloggers quite a while to get DM's contract 5 years ago.

This will come out in due time with a FOIA request - unlike the rest of the private schools in the NEC, someone will publish it soon enough.
callmecasual
CCSU FANS Recruit
CCSU FANS Recruit

Post by callmecasual »

ccsuhoops wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:31 pm Interesting point in this article. Why won’t ccsu disclose the length of the contract???

Could be that the contract isn't set and signed and he is working on the initial agreement until a full contact gets signed.

Different sport but that was the situation with Willie Taggert at Florida State.
jcframingham
CCSU Fans Regular
CCSU Fans Regular

Post by jcframingham »

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

Larryl9797
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Larryl9797 »

I watched the NECFRONTROW presser and Pat was visibly excited and READY-TO-WORK! Man I hope that the players that stick with him are up for the challenge.
I think we will see more of a Howie Dickenman style of coaching. (although a 100% full Howie style really dosen't translate to kids anymore) It took 5 extra years and a whole bunch of losses but I think we are set up for some good hoops in the future.
“Winners are not people who do not fail, but people who never quit“-Anonymous
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

FYI I've heard that they cannot begin interviewing potential assistants until 30 days after Sellers' hire date (I'm assuming the State of CT has a 30-day probationary period that prevents them from hiring?).

So much for Priority #1 being getting a staff together. At least he's recruiting.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

CCSU4-3 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:01 am FYI I've heard that they cannot begin interviewing potential assistants until 30 days after Sellers' hire date (I'm assuming the State of CT has a 30-day probationary period that prevents them from hiring?).

So much for Priority #1 being getting a staff together. At least he's recruiting.
Wonder how they get around that at the EE?

Also, not thread worthy, how can we not have any rich a$$ donors that actually prefers athletics to academics? 😂 That new hockey arena from an EE donor is annoying me 🤦🏻‍♂️
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

CCSU4-3 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:01 am FYI I've heard that they cannot begin interviewing potential assistants until 30 days after Sellers' hire date (I'm assuming the State of CT has a 30-day probationary period that prevents them from hiring?).

If accurate, this is exactly the kinda crap that makes it very difficult for CCSU to ever really break out at the D-I level. This is the Mickey Mouse stuff that gives Central a horrible reputation across the region as a horrible employer and a difficult place to win for any experienced coaches. :oops: Yes, it can be done here, but you need to have a lot of patience and be willing to be consumed by the bureaucracy.

I'm sure Pat knows who his guys will be, so its not the end of the world, but this is the stuff that drives me wild. No excuses for this - but again, it is par for the course at Central :roll:
ktuck911
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ktuck911 »

Maybe the State of CT needs to finally do what is probably overdue... Cutting ties with some of the Administrative lifers.. and look to upgrade to today's times instead of using the same old model where cost of living continues to go UP in CT but things/process/allocated funding lags behind. They made HUGE changes with the outdated DMV stuff... Time for more....
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

J.J. wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:11 pm If accurate, this is exactly the kinda crap that makes it very difficult for CCSU to ever really break out at the D-I level. This is the Mickey Mouse stuff that gives Central a horrible reputation across the region as a horrible employer and a difficult place to win for any experienced coaches. :oops: Yes, it can be done here, but you need to have a lot of patience and be willing to be consumed by the bureaucracy.

I'm sure Pat knows who his guys will be, so its not the end of the world, but this is the stuff that drives me wild. No excuses for this - but again, it is par for the course at Central :roll:
Yeah I can't confirm it, but it's something I heard. The fact that there are no job openings for any of the positions on Sellers staff would seem to confirm SOMETHING, though.

I agree 100%, J.J. It's absolutely ridiculous. It's almost June and we don't even have a full staff. Pat is having to do this almost on his own right now. Such a joke.
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

No 30-day rule, but for some reason this may take a some time. I'm not sure of the exact reason.

Honestly, there are no good explanations that I can think of - unless "his guys" are all under contract somewhere else right now. You know it is just one of those things that happens at Central. :(

On a positive note, the details to bring the assistants on board are ongoing behind the scenes and Pat will get exactly who he wants when all is said and done.
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

J.J. wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:24 pm Honestly, there are no good explanations that I can think of - unless "his guys" are all under contract somewhere else right now.
Maybe? But no head coach in America would prevent his assistants from leaving (especially if it's a promotion). That'd be a death sentence.
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

CCSU4-3 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:27 pm
J.J. wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:24 pm Honestly, there are no good explanations that I can think of - unless "his guys" are all under contract somewhere else right now.
Maybe? But no head coach in America would prevent his assistants from leaving (especially if it's a promotion). That'd be a death sentence.
Yep - there are no good explanations for this :(
hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper »

Maybe the State of CT needs to finally do what is probably overdue... Cutting ties with some of the Administrative lifers.
Now that is a really good idea. That is why we have assembled a committee to assess the feasibility of such an effort. Their report when finished will be filed in triplicate sets of quadruplicate copies and submitted hither to hence forth for which, to the Red Tape Department for review.