Recruiting under Sellers off to a good start...

Lets talk some Hoops!
ktuck911
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Recruiting under Sellers off to a good start...

Post by ktuck911 »

... it seems... 6'6" SF Andre Snoddy (St Thomas Moore in CT) commits. Looks like it's even before the entire coaching staff has been announced. Seems to be a solid fit to start off the new regime.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: Recruiting under Sellers off to a good start...

Post by ccsuhoops »

Yeah I’ll tell ya, the one thing that really stuck out for me from the conference was Pats extensive network of basketball contracts. It’s huge!
Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct »

ccsuhoops wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:01 am Yeah I’ll tell ya, the one thing that really stuck out for me from the conference was Pats extensive network of basketball contracts. It’s huge!
That’s what I was eluding to in another post Hoops. These guys have contacts everywhere and with his experience and previous positions, Patrick is probably one of the more connected coaches in D-1.
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

Snoddy was offered prior to Marshall being let go. I'm assuming Baba Diallo ran point on that recruitment.

I haven't had a chance to do much research on Snoddy yet, but I'm happy that the first recruit is a local prep product (St. Thomas More). That's a good sign imo.
ktuck911
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ktuck911 »

If you go by any follows on Twitter, FWIW, Elijah Joiner who was a SR Guard at Tulsa this past season, is in the portal. I know/realize this won't be a quick turnaround for you guys, but, I can still see a few transfers coming in to keep you guys competitive in games from day 1 under Sellers. And with any team, you still need some sort of veteran leadership on the basketball court.

Don't be surprised if you see a few kids like this on the roster this Fall, sling with a few JUCOs, especially, with the mass exodus of players after DM got let go.
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

CCSU4-3 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:22 pm Snoddy was offered prior to Marshall being let go. I'm assuming Baba Diallo ran point on that recruitment.

I haven't had a chance to do much research on Snoddy yet, but I'm happy that the first recruit is a local prep product (St. Thomas More). That's a good sign imo.
Spent some time getting some intel on Snoddy.

The Pros: High-level athlete who should be able to defend 2-4, can really finish at the rim (including off the bounce), and rebound well for his size (6'6" 210 lbs.).

The Bad: Right now he doesn't have much of a jump shot and he's undersized for a front-court player. It's just tough to be a "big wing" without a jumper in the modern game unless you're surrounded by 4 other shooters.

Conclusion: Snoddy projects to be more of a long-term prospect who could really become a player here if the jump shot can come along. I don't expect him to make a huge impact in Year 1, but could potentially be a role player filling in at the '4' if things break right for him.
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

FYI I've got a running tracker over at the site: https://www.themidrangejumper.com/singl ... on-tracker

I just added Snoddy to CCSU's roster. I put him into the Starting 5 for now, but I would expect him to ultimately be a bench piece.
ktuck911
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ktuck911 »

Nice pick up in PG Joseph Ostrowsky

https://www.hudl.com/profile/8788065/Jo ... wsky/about

He's a facilitator indeed... floor general. plays smart...
hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper »

I put him into the Starting 5 for now,
I guess its easy to make the starting five when there aren't even five players on the team =D>
BigBlue92
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by BigBlue92 »

ktuck911 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:42 pm Nice pick up in PG Joseph Ostrowsky

https://www.hudl.com/profile/8788065/Jo ... wsky/about

He's a facilitator indeed... floor general. plays smart...
Son of Chris Ostrowsky, who coaches football at GA Tech.
hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper »

Verbal Commits has him listed as a walk on. He played for Cheshire Academy.
CCSU4-3
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by CCSU4-3 »

hilltopper wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:04 pm
Verbal Commits has him listed as a walk on. He played for Cheshire Academy.
What's interesting is that I had heard Marshall was told he could not bring in walk-ons, maybe perhaps because of Covid?

I wasn't overly impressed with Ostrowsky, as he likely lacks the athleticism at 6'0" to play PG at the D1 level , so it's nice to hear he's a non-scholarship player. His brother plays football at Southern, so I'd imagine he wanted to be close to him. I wonder if Sellers had been recruiting him as a walk-on while at Fairfield? He's probably the type of kid who could earn a scholly depending on how many guys Sellers is able to bring in, and certainly in the future.
ktuck911
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ktuck911 »

Hopefully Sellers is also recruiting Dev Ostwowski too... He's @ JUCO MIami Dade and went to East Lyme HS in CT...6'2 PG/SG.. Had a CCSU when DM was running the show...
hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper »

Hopefully Sellers is also recruiting Dev Ostwowski too
That could be confusing. What are the chances of having two unrelated Ostrowski(y)'s on the same team?
Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct »

hilltopper wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:20 pm
Hopefully Sellers is also recruiting Dev Ostwowski too
That could be confusing. What are the chances of having two unrelated Ostrowski(y)'s on the same team?
Probably just as confusing as Donyell Marshall and Donny Marshall. 😂

(Sorry...I couldn’t help it) 😉