NEC Playoffs

All things baseball.

ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Re: NEC Playoffs

Post by ccsuhoops »

Can’t believe they won’t push this game till tomorrow. Unicorns don’t play till 7. Someone’s gonna get hurt
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

ccsuhoops wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 2:51 pm Can’t believe they won’t push this game till tomorrow. Unicorns don’t play till 7. Someone’s gonna get hurt

They can't play tomorrow. NCAA deadline is midnight tonight for all conferences to submit the AQ.

Central has to win the game tonight to go to NCAAs. If the game can't be played it finished, I would assume Bryant would rightly get the AQ
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

Come on BLUE!!! One more!!!
BlueDevilsRule
CCSU Fans Rookie
CCSU Fans Rookie

Post by BlueDevilsRule »

Great job Blue Devils! NCAA tourney bound! Go Blue Devils !
hilltopper
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by hilltopper »

Is this a deja vu?
Is this a deja vu?
What a great performance! They had to win 3 in a row with two against Bryant, talk about digging down deep for that something extra. 2019 was amazing but to repeat it is an astounding feat. Another NCAA bid for Coach Hickey. Congratulations!
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

Fantastic tourney for the boys in Blue!
Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct »

Was watching all weekend from sunny and warm Tampa Bay. Gutsy and gritty bunch of guys.

Go Blue!
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

So proud! What a weekend. Friggen weather! Read Buddy Duanes mouth yesterday gesturing to the Bryant dug out, this is our house! Then he drops an f 💣 during his NEC interview 😂

Go make some noise in the regional. Hope they play close to us!
Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct »

If they get Florida as a host...I’m going. It’s not too far away and I may even be able to fly up.

BTW...I’m also thinking of going to the Miami football game.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

Is it common place for the ncaa teams to take care of the field during a tournament? Saw images of ccsu shoveling water and Bryant pulling the tarp off? Does Dodd stadium have no staff?
J.J.
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by J.J. »

Kudos to Central and Bryant players for pitching in. That field looked awful before the rain, can't imagine what work had to be done. Without a minor league team there, I think Dodd Stadium has gone down downhill. The NEC did everything they could to ensure the games were played - great job by everyone.

FYI - the AE didn't finish their Tourney due to poor field conditions and lack of lights. The tourney was at Stony Brook, and NJIT was decared champs because they were in the winners bracket at 2-0. SBU was 2-1 and had to win twice for the AQ, but neither game was played.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

Totally give them credit just wondering if it common place, I.e. if UConn didn’t seem to at least always have home field advantage for all of their championship games, would an upper d-1 team do that? Looks like Stony Brook didn’t, so we’re just saying our guys and the Bryant guys are nice dudes? 😊 Just curious is all. Wonder if we could make a deal for the Yard Goats stadium for a weekend? The state would have to put aside its love affair with their darling school but that would be great for the NEC. Too notch stadium and all. Still centrally located, maybe even more so for LIU etc.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

NCAA should really try and equal out the number of games played. Good Lord, some of these teams play 25-30 games more than we do. I’ve always known it but it always strikes me as not fair.
Skyhawkct
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by Skyhawkct »

Was just thinking about that Hoops. That’s one big reason (obviously) the southern and southwestern schools have superior programs.
ccsuhoops
CCSU Fans Know it all
CCSU Fans Know it all

Post by ccsuhoops »

3 CT teams. NICE!